Prescription Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Prescription Insurance Information
Prescription drug coverage, also known as Medicare Part D, helps pay for your prescription drugs. Regardless of if you take prescription drugs right now, you may benefit from coverage in the future. Coverage is optional and offered to everyone that has Medicare coverage. Our agents at Prairieland Insurance Group, LLC are here to help you determine whether or not prescription drug coverage is the right option for you.
Ways To Get Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
There are two ways to get Medicare drug coverage, including:
What Medicare Part D Covers
Medicare drug plans—You can add on drug coverage to Original Medicare. You must have Part A and Part B to join a different Medicare drug plan.
- Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) or other Medicare Health Plan with drug coverage—You must have Part A and Part B to join a Medicare Advantage Plan.
All plans cover a wide range of prescription drugs that those with Medicare take. It’s essential to check your plan’s formulary, which is a list of medications your plan covers. Each plan has tier levels that are based on drug costs. The following are the drug tiers:
Tier 1—lowest copayment: most generic prescription drugs
- Tier 2—medium copayment: preferred, brand-name prescription drugs
- Tier 3—higher copayment: non-preferred, brand-name prescription drugs
- Specialty tier—highest copayment: very high-cost prescription drugs
It’s important to discuss your prescription drug needs, including future needs, with an agent.
Medicare Drug Coverage Costs
What your drugs costs are will vary depending on a variety of factors, including:
Your prescriptions and whether they’re on your plan’s list of covered drugs
What “tier” the drug is in
- Which drug benefit phase you’re in
- Which pharmacy do you use
- Whether you get Extra Help paying your Medicare drug coverage costs
To confirm your drug costs, reach out to an agent for further discussion.
Get Started With Drug Coverage
At Prairieland Insurance Group, LLC, we want to help you determine if drug coverage is right for you. Medicare coverage options can be complex, be sure to reach out to an agent today to discuss your healthcare needs.